Hi! I have a program in FreeBasic that helps study words; sort of like a flash-card program. I want to send it to my friends, but they have hungarian keyboards, and I can't figure out how to detect a few things using that keyboard (e.g. the letter í has no scancode return value).

Can someone please post a simple C++ program that simply prints what I have pressed on the keyboard, and the number-code for that letter/key? What I have managed so far using gets(string) doesn't really work, if I press Á or Ó or Í it return A, O, and I. I read something about commands such as GetKeyBoardLayout and LoadKeyBoardLayout and such, I'm just not sure how to use them to do this.

I don't know much about all this, but still a program that prints what I have pressed based on the language of my keyboard should be pretty simple! Microsoft Word does it perfectly, I'm sure they didn't need hundreds of lines of codes just for this part of their program.

Thanks for any help,
-Tusike

Microsoft products probably use Code Pages Also read about them here

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.