For my school project , I got student details in database and according to system of that school yearly the student standards are raised by one grade . So how can i code so that the data i've entered in database, say 4 grade this year will become 5 grade automatically next year?
Is it possible to do this?
Kindly requesting for help for all !!!!

Just when You enter the grade first time store the system time. For that purpose read and use java.util.Date class.
Then after each time when you start your project create a method which compare the current date with the Date stored.
or you can create a thread which check after every 5 minutes or after every 1 hours while the project is running.

Just when You enter the grade first time store the system time. For that purpose read and use java.util.Date class.
Then after each time when you start your project create a method which compare the current date with the Date stored.
or you can create a thread which check after every 5 minutes or after every 1 hours while the project is running.

Can u please explain me by the help of the example....shortly!!!!!!!!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.