Where can I find the best tutorial for teaching myself all there is to know about programming in C++? I have no money to spend on it and I am extremely new to programming (haven't written a program since BASIC, if you can count that).

Any information you can provide for me would be very helpful.

I thank you in advance.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

I have a copy of Visual C++ 2008 Express now, but I wish to create complex games, what would be best to use VC++ or C++ and a different compiler? If the latter, what compiler would be best for 3D 1st person view video games? (Such as Elder Scrolls type games).

I have a copy of Visual C++ 2008 Express now, but I wish to create complex games, what would be best to use VC++ or C++ and a different compiler? If the latter, what compiler would be best for 3D 1st person view video games? (Such as Elder Scrolls type games).

Ah, Visual C++ 2008 is MS IDE that comes with C++ compiler among other things. In other Hand C++ compiler is another animal.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.