I am starting a homework an assignment on C++ about a mortgage calculator. It is really complicated and I'm really confused. I just need some help. PLEASE AND THANK YOU! :)

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Sure, we would be more than glad to help you. But first there are a few things you should know :

1) We tend to help people that are "stuck on a problem" or give them a little push and whatnot. We are not here to do your homework for you.
2) Titles like "help help help" makes people not want to help you
3) Asking people for help and where you post no code and show no effort or give no description of your problem, is like trying to get your car fix, when you didn't bring it to the shop.

So next hopefully you know how to better post. Now what kind of problem are you having? Post code, and show error message, and tell us what exactly you are having trouble with. We will be more than gladly assist you, after all we are geeks.

Sure, we would be more than glad to help you. But first there are a few things you should know :

1) We tend to help people that are "stuck on a problem" or give them a little push and whatnot. We are not here to do your homework for you.
2) Titles like "help help help" makes people not want to help you
3) Asking people for help and where you post no code and show no effort or give no description of your problem, is like trying to get your car fix, when you didn't bring it to the shop.

So next hopefully you know how to better post. Now what kind of problem are you having? Post code, and show error message, and tell us what exactly you are having trouble with. We will be more than gladly assist you, after all we are geeks.

I apologize. Next time I will be sure to make a better post. But now for the problem. I have to make a mortgage calculator for a class and use strictly call-by-reference and call-by-value. I'm a bit confused on the beginning and the main program. Here is what I have so far

#include <iostream>

void get_input(int& prin, double& rate, int& years);
//The program receives three inputs from operator

void conversions
//Converts annual interest rate to the monthly interest rate

double monthly_payment
//Computes and prints the monthly payment

void monthly_amounts
//Computes the remaining values in the amortization table

void print_payment_table
//Prints values of monthly interest, principal payment and new principle balance

void print_header
//Prints the header of the amortization table
int main()

{
int (first_num, second_num, third_num);

get_input (first_num, second_num, third_num);
conversions (first_num, second_num);
monthly_payment (first_num);
monthly_amounts (first_num, second_num, third_num);
print_payment_table;
print_header;
}

{
int prin;
cout<<"Please enter the principal: ";
cin>>prin;

double rate;
cout<<"Please enter the annual interest rate: ";
cin>>rate;
1>=rate<=10;

int years;
cout<<"Please enter the length of the loan (in YEARS): ";
cin>>years;
}

I have progressed a tiny bit more. But now it won't allow me to type anything even thought i have the cout and cin...any ideas?

#include <iostream>

void get_input(int& principle, double& annual_rate, int& length_years);
//The program receives three inputs from operator

void conversions (double& annual_rate, double& monthly_rate_decimal, int& length_years, int& length_months);
//Converts annual interest rate to the monthly interest rate

double monthly_payment (int principle, double monthly_rate_decimal, int length_months, double monthly_payment);
//Computes and prints the monthly payment

void monthly_amounts (int principle, double monthly_rate_decimal, double m_interest_payment, double m_principle_payment);
//Computes the remaining values in the amortization table

void print_payment_table (double m_interest_payment, double m_principle_payment, double new_principle);
//Prints values of monthly interest, principal payment and new principle balance

void print_header (char print_header);
//Prints the header of the amortization table

int main()
{
int principle, length_years, length_months;
double annual_rate, monthly_rate_decimal;
char print_header;
}

void get_input(int& principle, double& annual_rate, int& length_years)
{

using namespace std;

cout<<"Please enter the principal: /n";
cin>>principle;

cout<<"Please enter the annual interest rate: ";
cin>>annual_rate;

cout<<"Please enter the length of the loan (in YEARS): ";
cin>>length_years;

}

It doesn't look like you are calling get_input from main (assuming I am following your code correctly...it's kind of hard to read without code tags).

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.