Hello.. i have two datatables with only one column each. i wanted to compare those two columns in two datatables. here is the example

dt1
apple
orange
peach
banana

dt2
apple
peach
mango
apricot
now i want to compare dt2 with dt1. dt2 is bound to a list box. so once i match with dt1, the unmatched items selection should be diabled. here i wanted the mango and apricot selection to be disabled..

hope i am clear.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

SELECT * FROM dt2 WHERE dt2.columnname not in (SELECT * from dt1)

This will get you a list of what isn't in dt1 and is in dt2. Of course you'll have to change 'columnname' to whatever you called the column.

I am not using SQL, i wanted to achieve this in C#.. Is there a way where i can implement the above statement in C#?

can anyone help me in this?? i am using WPF and C#.Net..

use LINQ if you are coding under with C# 3 and or .NET. Its a very powerful language feature, with support for quering objects and memory. so you can just do simple queries from you DB o your app with SELECT * FROM ..., then fill them in their respective collections then you can use LINQ to manage and compare them very easly. if that sounds simpler to you.

Happy coding
Cheer

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.