hi,

can anybody please help me understand the difference between java runtime and java virtual machine?

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Java Runtime is used to only run applications on a machine. There is no ability to compile java code into java classes with the Runtime environment. The Java Runtime uses a Java Virtual Machine.

The Java Virtual Machine is what gives java its cross-platform ability. There is a virtual machine built for each operating system. The JVM then takes the java compiled code and turns it into machine code to be run by the OS.

Easy as Cake.

Nate

What happened to search engines? Do a bit of your own research, this is something you should find readily.

hi,

can anybody please help me understand the difference between java runtime and java virtual machine?

hi dear,
java runtime is the environment that will be created by the JVM to run the java programs.

By using a search engine, I was led here....thanks for being so helpful Duck Man.

commented: lol -2
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.