Hey guys, I need to create a software which can read a barcode and I should be able to enter the value obtained from it into a database and also I need to compare them with certain values. I am comfortable working in java and would like to know how to do this. I m an amateur programmer so it'll be helpful if u can explain it in detail.
Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

I have found that java-barcode-reader can be used for that. Also I saw in a code snippet that BarCodeReader class is used for this but i dont know how to use the jar file and what do I import to use this BarcodeReader class

I have found that java-barcode-reader can be used for that. Also I saw in a code snippet that BarCodeReader class is used for this but i dont know how to use the jar file and what do I import to use this BarcodeReader class

How are we supposed to know how to use it or what sort of advice to provide if we do not know exactly which library you chose to use?

The library is called 'Java Barcode Reader'

And here are Google results for such search. You better provide link where you got it from...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.