hey guys n girls, im using python 3.1.2
i am currently creating a process to:
1) check a directory does not exist,
2) check for illegal char's from a list i have made,
3) pass it to a program,-program creates directory,
4) and passes a value back to python
5) and loop until told otherwise
i have got to the point where i have to pass the string / text to a program and this is where i have hit a brick wall?
what and how should i pass the text across (i would prefer to use something like "cmd")
i can get cmd to open a program from within my python script but cannot get it to pass any text or strings across to the program.
any help would be fantastic or any suggestions on what module or function to use
string=input('enter new directory name: ')
i need to pass the input from the user to a external program (a text based program) i haven't posted my whole code as it all works smoothly apart from me being a newbie and not being able to work this problem out