AES2 0 Newbie Poster

I received a client's valuable data from an old, unknown program using an unknown database manager.

A lot of database table files come in pairs .dat and .idx, some in threes with a .blb file, which I suspect are data, index, and BLOB files, but I don't know what database manager uses .dat files.

The program folder has .exe files that also come with .cnt, .FTS, .GID, .hlp, and .hpt files of the same name, and there are a bunch of .bpl files with no other files of the same name. I can't install it because I only have the program folder, not an .msi or other means of setting registry entries.

DLLs include Borlndmm (Borland memory manager), cc3270 (Borland C++ Multi-thread RTL (WIN/VCL MT), cg32 (Borland CodeGuard), clib32 (Wrenchead), and others.

I dredged up a copy of Delphi 5 and installed it, but its BDE only understands .db and .dbf files. I don't need to run the software, just to get a few critical tables of raw data. Is there a reasonable way to read those data files?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.