I wanted to know that when I create a MFC Multiple Document (Application Type) can I use it to make an Application which I can use as a text editor.

(Note : I have installed a VC2008 Feature Pack and want to create the Application Office Style)

Actually my purpose is to create a aplication that I can use to Create text files (with custom extension (say) *.hug) which my other Applications can access. Coz when I create a program of this type, the application is still not ready to work as a text documenter.

So, to create this application, is it a tedious process, or do I need to apply settings at the time of application creation settings for it to work as a text editor?

I dont want it for drawing or Graphics purpose.

Thanks in Advance. Also I would appreciate if some basic code/resource can be provided as Help to create a document application.

P.S. - I have sufficient knowledge about Dialog Based Applications. Since I have been using them to create all my Applications till now. Although I could use Dialog Based Application to create such a program. My key interest is to have a application Office styled.

There are two ways to use MFC to create a text editor

1. Use CEdit or CRichEdit class window
  2. Draw all text lines yourself.

>>Also I would appreciate if some basic code/resource can be provided as Help to create a document application
Microsoft provides hundreds of examples and an online tutorial called Scribble.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.