Right so what I'm trying to do is to take a text file i.e. in Notepad/MW from disk, encrypt it and transfer it to another computer where it will be received, decoded and stored on disk as a plain text file. I have to use the COM1 serial port to do this transfer. All code needs to be in asm86.

As my name suggests, I'm inexperienced with C++ programming...that means no experience whatsoever so I would appreciate any help given for example, websites which will help to develop my C++ skills to aid me in this particular topic or alternatively if you want to write me the code - please write down the reasons each line of code is written the way it is so I can learn from this.

Be in touch.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

You forgot give us your email so we can send it there after we have written your program.

commented: This thread makes me laugh :) +16

<<snip>>

Thank you (if you weren't being sarcastic)

#include<at89s8252.h>
int i=0,j,k,l,m,a[]={63,6,91,79,102,109,125,7,127,111};
void enter(void) interrupt 0
{
i++;
if(i>999) i=999;
P3_1=0;
for(m=0;m<=1000;m++);
P3_1=1;
}
void exit(void) interrupt 2
{
i-;
if(i<0) i=0;
P3_0=0;
FOR(m=0;m<=1000;m++);
P3_0=1;
}
void main()
{
IE=133;
TCON=5;
P3_0=1;
P3_1=1;
i=0;
while(1)
{
j=i%10;
k=i/10;
l=i/100;
k=k-l*10;
P2=a[j];
P0=a[k];
P1=a[l];
}
}

commented: What is this terrible mess? An answer? A question? It's certainly never been compiled. -3
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.