Hey Guys i was wondering if i could get a bit of help

I'm creating a program that contains a number of different sorting methods (insertion, quick, merge) that sort an array of bikes.

Bike[] bikes = new Bike[13];

bikes[0] = new Bike("Mountain", 160, "Diamond", 6, 18, "Standard", "Hardtail", "V Brakes");
        bikes[1] = new Bike("Mountain", 199.99, "Step-through", 7, 20, "Single Shock", "Horst Link", "Cantilever");
        bikes[2] = new Bike("Tandem", 150, "Tandem", 5, 22, "Standard", "Single", "Spoon");

I'm then do a simple switch statement that calls the insertion sort method

switch (option) {

case 1:
                    insertionSort();

Then creating a generic insertion sort method

private static  <T extends Comparable<? super T>> void insertionSort(T [] bikes) {   
    }

The problem that I am having is that I cannot figure out what exactly is meant to go within the brackets within the insertionSort() case statement and within the void insertionSort() brackets in the insertion sort method.

Everything that i have tried will not work with the code that I have to use with the insertionSort method.

I'm not asking for anyone to actually do it for me, just a couple of pointers as to were I am going wrong.

Many Thanks

:)

Its quiet simple really, what you do is read the notes that Donnelly put together instead of getting people on the internet to do your assignment for you

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.