I am trying to perform a few basic operations on MySql database through my delphi application.
I am using MySql server 5.1 with Delphi 7
Here is what I have done( please correct me if I am wrong with the approach)
- Created DataSource with MYSQL ODBC 5.1 driver
- Using ADO connection, ADO table , Data Source and DB grid Components
- Have retrieved the table and the fields on the form.
- I am stuck at this point and no idea how to proceed further
Here is what I want to do
- I want to have data aware components on the form and on a button click want to insert it on the database
- I tried using ADOCommand but did not know how to execute the command.
- Just commands like insert, delete, update, alter etc...
Please let me know if there is a guide which will help with this basic set of operations. I did google but couldn't find anything useful.