I am trying to compile a program using make on Mac OS X with gcc4.2. But I'm getting this error:
fpu_control.h: No such file or directory

I have never had a problem with an include file before and I'm rather confused! I have googled fpu_control.h, but I can't find anywhere to download it.

If anyone can help, I would be very grateful!

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Make sure the header is in your include directory of the compiler/IDE. If you don't have the file, don't use it.

Thanks SgtMe. Unfortunately, I need fpu_control.h. The program I am trying to compile that needs it was not written by me. It has to do with floating point precision.

I thought fpu_control.h would be a standard sort of file. But the only information I can find out about it is that it isn't included in my compiler (gcc 4.2). I just can't find out anything else about it! Thanks for your help.

This could be helpful.

Thank you very, very much nezachem and tawes01. These do indeed look very helpful! I googled for hours and couldn't find a thing!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.