Dear All ,

I have a gps logger which store the gps data into its internal memory .I have a description file for the data format and how to send commands to the logger to get data . this file is present at the following website L
http://www.rigacci.org/wiki/lib/exe/fetch.php/doc/appunti/hardware/gps/mtk_logger_library_user_manual_1.2_tsi.pdf

I need to make a vb.net application that can download data from the gps logger . and to set its configuration parameters .

Thanks ,

WSN

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

>I need to make a vb.net application that can download data from the gps logger . and to set its configuration parameters.

So what is the problem? Please ask specific questions, don't ask people to do your work.If you're stuck post what you have and tell where you're stumped so people can direct you towards a solution.

Dear adatapost ,

Thanks for your advice and support .

The problem is that I do not know what to do , what I have done is the following :
1- I made a vb.net program that opens the serial port communication COM port .
2- I tried to send command to the device , eg to make it stop logging , as per the NMEA communication protocol of the MTK Logger ( as per the pdf file in the initial post) , but unfortunataly , nothing happens . I amy be wrong ,
3- the question , when I developped the program that send the command to the device , which command I should send , eg , as pe rthe pdf file , the following command will stop the unit to log ($PMTK182,5*<CHK><CR><LF>) . but , it still send data.
4- There is a program which is done at the end of the pdf file which describe a sample program , but done in C++ , unfortuneatly , I do not understand how compile it it .

The Question is how to start , what i did wrong , and is the command i sent is the right command .

Thank you in advance for your support.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.