The following Ilmerge example merges all the dll files into a single executable. The problem is this merged executable creates a dos window along with the expected windows form. I do not know how to avoid this dos window. The unmerged version of the exe does not have the dos window. Am I missing a ILMerge setting?

c:\"Program Files"\Microsoft\ILMerge\ILMerge.exe ^
/target:exe ^
/out:MyTool.exe ^
..\library\MyTool.exe ^
..\library\CalCurves.dll ^
..\library\EngProfiles.dll ^
..\library\SpreadSheetProcessing.dll ^
..\library\SpreadSheetConverter.dll ^
..\library\Tlm.dll ^
..\library\TlmFormat.dll ^
..\library\XmlConverter.dll ^
..\library\Cmd.dll

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Read the documentation. (ILMerge.DOC).

Use target switch:

ilmerge [/lib:directory]* [/log[:filename]] [/keyfile:filename [/delaysign]] [/internalize[:filename]] [/t[arget]:(library|exe|winexe)] [/closed] [/ndebug] [/ver:version] [/copyattrs [/allowMultiple]] [/xmldocs] [/attr:filename] ([/targetplatform:<version>[,<platformdir>]]|v1|v1.1|v2|v4) [/useFullPublicKeyForReferences] [/zeroPeKind] [/wildcards] [/allowDup[:typename]]* [/allowDuplicateResources] [/union] [/align:n] /out:filename <primary assembly> [<other assemblies>...]

Code project article.

Thanks for the response adatapose. I was using the /target switch but was using exe instead of winexe. It now works.

Read the documentation. (ILMerge.DOC).

Use target switch:

ilmerge [/lib:directory]* [/log[:filename]] [/keyfile:filename [/delaysign]] [/internalize[:filename]] [/t[arget]:(library|exe|winexe)] [/closed] [/ndebug] [/ver:version] [/copyattrs [/allowMultiple]] [/xmldocs] [/attr:filename] ([/targetplatform:<version>[,<platformdir>]]|v1|v1.1|v2|v4) [/useFullPublicKeyForReferences] [/zeroPeKind] [/wildcards] [/allowDup[:typename]]* [/allowDuplicateResources] [/union] [/align:n] /out:filename <primary assembly> [<other assemblies>...]

Code project article.

You are welcome. If this thread has been successfully resolved, please Mark this Thread as Solved.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.