Hi

I am developing an application in Windows environment. I was used to program under linux with Kdevelop and I do miss a feature in the Dev-c++ now.
In Kdevelop I can collapse all the functions in my code even the loops and if statements. So when I collapsed all the functions in my code I had a good overview of the code structure.

It is possible to set up Dev-c++ to support such a feature? (or) Is there any other API which has that feature?
This is the most important feature which I miss.

Thanks for any suggestion.
Regards

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Dev is outdated, comes with an older version of gcc, and is no longer in development. Try Code::Blocks it definitely has that feature you are looking for. Eclipse has it too, I believe.

Thank you. That is exactly what I was looking for. I tried code::blocks and I like it. Maybe I give a try to Eclipse too. If I would ask you which one is better what would be the answer?

My program is a graphical simulator under the allegro graphical library. Which one can fit better for the coding?

By the way, as the example with Dev-c++ showed it is important to choose the right tools for programming - what do you think about allegro? It is possible that it is not the best choice for graphics?

Thank you. That is exactly what I was looking for. I tried code::blocks and I like it. Maybe I give a try to Eclipse too. If I would ask you which one is better what would be the answer?

Yes.

I've never tried to use C::B with any other language, but Eclipse has plugins for darn near anything ever thought of in computing's history. I know that C::B has a lot of add-ins, but I have no experience with them. Both have integrated debugging support which is nice. I find Eclipse a bit more bloated and slow, but it's responsive once it fully starts. I'm sure other people will have their own opinions

My program is a graphical simulator under the allegro graphical library. Which one can fit better for the coding?

By the way, as the example with Dev-c++ showed it is important to choose the right tools for programming - what do you think about allegro? It is possible that it is not the best choice for graphics?

Check and see if there's an add-in. I'm not a graphics guy and I'm not really familiar with allegro beyond having played a couple of games that use it for the engine.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.