I have been doing most all of my python programming in a linux bash shell. I mean I run all of my scripts from a bash shell. If my script produces an error(hardly ever happens :-), the error is outputted to the shell, so I am able to fix it.

when I run a script on windows if it errors, the window just closes, so i do not know what the error is. Is their a way to keep the window open to see where my script went wrong?

edit added later//

I have been writing my scripts in notepad2(need to install dr python) and saving them as filename.py. then I run them by clicking on the script.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Running your script from an IDE like IDLE or DrPython will keep the display window open for the errors to show up.

You might try to add a time.sleep(10) at the end. I think there is way to pipe the error messages to a file too.

import sys
sys.stderr = file('C:/temp/error.txt', 'w')

thanks, running it from dr python works nice. The only issue I have with using dr python on windows is the small font. Their must be an option to change it, but I can't seem to find it.

edit added later//

I found it under edit text styles :-)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.