Hello all... I am completely brand new to vb and could some guidance as to where I should go to start to learn.

I am only trying to create a simple Pivot Points calculator (used for trading stocks, currencies (which is what I do)). I have found some on the net but they are missing a few of the out puts that I would like to have. Since it’s pretty much a calculator, I'm hoping it would be good for a rookie like me to start with. I have created one with java script that I use on my website but would be nice to have one as an exe. I really don’t plan on creating any thing else besides this. I would also like to know if it is also possible, once I have the correct outputs, if they can be exported to excel, so that the values could be viewed later and used as historical data. Though that part could be added later, but just info as my main goal is to create a Pivot Point calculator.

ANY input would be great on good sites that can help me learn. Oh… what would I need to compile this?

Thanks in advance
Coll

Hello all... I am completely brand new to vb and could some guidance as to where I should go to start to learn.

I am only trying to create a simple Pivot Points calculator (used for trading stocks, currencies (which is what I do)). I have found some on the net but they are missing a few of the out puts that I would like to have. Since it’s pretty much a calculator, I'm hoping it would be good for a rookie like me to start with. I have created one with java script that I use on my website but would be nice to have one as an exe. I really don’t plan on creating any thing else besides this. I would also like to know if it is also possible, once I have the correct outputs, if they can be exported to excel, so that the values could be viewed later and used as historical data. Though that part could be added later, but just info as my main goal is to create a Pivot Point calculator.

ANY input would be great on good sites that can help me learn. Oh… what would I need to compile this?

Thanks in advance
Coll

First off, are you starting in VB 6 or VB.Net?? Planet source code is a very good source www.planet-source-code.com to begin and it sounds like you know a little about programming so that will help. I could dig up an old VB 5 calculator I have and you can migrate it to VB 6 or .Net and take it from there. let me know
www.gabrielvilla.com
gabriel aka - extofer

Thanks for the reply extofer, I have no clue what would be best (VB 6 or VB .Net) for what I want to do. Would VB .Net be better as I would like to export it to Excel in the future? Any thing that you can forward to me would be of great help.... Entering waters that I have not yet explored yet:)

I code VB6 at times. it's OK. If you really wanna get good at it, I suggest playing with windows A.P.Is

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.