Masood_786 -2 Newbie Poster

Hi All,
I have been assigned a task to read other application data installed in our client's computer running windows 2000 and then send it to serial port. The application has a tab control in the main dialog that contains two sub dialogs, one contains a combo box, selecting each element(data item) of Combo i get the same form populated for each record in text boxes and labels. for example when i select combo data item (01 index) i get data of Temperature_sensor id, location_name Temperature in the text boxes present in the same form. using API's i was able to select each combo data item and then read corresponding data from every text boxes using API GETTEXT. Also i am sending it to serial port. The problem here is that the temperature values are updated every second and user has to focus always the dialog containing Combo Box and if the same dialog is not focused then old data is sent to serial port.
I am unable to figure out that how come old data comes out of serial port if the combo dialog is not focued, Is it a serial port issue or i need to always focus Combo Dialog
( that is unacceptable) ? Application is developed in Visual C++ 6.0

Masood