Hi :o ,
I would like to know if it is possible to write a console program in
MS Visual C++ 6.0 (ATM transaction program), that stores data to a
database such as MS Access 2002 or Oracle 9i, through ODBC :?:

I've searched all over the net and I seem to find ODBC with MFC tutorials, but not console programs with ODBC. :cry:

I have a 32-bit ODBC Data Source Administrator which I think is installed when I did the installation for MS Access. For Oracle 9i, I guess I have to download something....ODBC driver I guess.

Anyway, I wonder if any of you guys can recommend me some sites providing these kinda tutorials. Or perhaps, showing me some tips how these are done. ;)

I think it's easier in VB using ADO but I have to do these in C++ though..... :cry:

Thanks in advance to anyone that's willing to help....a million thanks!!

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

>I would like to know if it is possible
Yes.

>I've searched all over the net and I seem to find ODBC with MFC tutorials
The code to work with ODBC is the same whether you wrap it with a pretty graphical interface or not (which is why I assume you want a "console" tutorial). Let's also not forget that MFC is just a wrapper for part of the Win32 API, both of which can be used from command line programs, which is what you would probably end up using anyway.

There are lots of c++ classes on the net. Some are at www.codeproject.com, just use its search engine to search for odbc, or google for "odbc c++ classes"

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.