keithdixon 0 Newbie Poster

I am looking for some assistance regarding a new project i am doing.

I am not a programmer by trade but have taught myself PHP, some javascript and some flash /AS2 & AS3 over the past 2 yrs along with mysql and currently run a company which utilises software i have developed to scan upload and host business documents both online and on internal servers.
The software i put together runs everything from initial order through to accounts / invoices / staff wages etc with one exception. but with one exception.....

Collection & Delivery is currently paper based, receiving a signature and time/date by hand.(though all delivery & collection paperwork is barcoded).

I want this part of the chain to be automated by the use of Palms to provide signature capture, date time etc.

I have both windows servers and Ubuntu servers running within the company which hold the collection / delivery data.

I have picked up a Symbol SPT 1700 Palm to play with - i think it's 3.5.2 Palm os (which has barcode reader built in along with sig capture) and have the SDK's which have demo apps for both sig & barcode capture. I also picked up a spectrum24 hub (also to have a play with as the symbol has wifi through spectrum24 built into it)

Project overview would be:-
Palms to be loaded via wifi with collection & Delivery data, on return they will upload completed collection and delivery data to one of the servers.
(all of this i can currently do online (Which could be my fallback by getting barcode reader PDA's which can render the web))

My problem is that C & C++ is like me speaking German. I can't!!

I can understand the code but cannot get my head around it.

I have learned PHP by means of try - test - research - fix errors - try again etc.

This i cannot do with C or C++ at this stage as i cannot compile my files to a PRC file which i believe the symbol Palm is wanting.

I have read codewarrior and a number of others can do this but the all seem obsolete.

Can someone point me in the right direction?

Finally unless i am not looking in the right place i am amazed no one has put together a simple app for the palm to handle XX collections or deliveries requiring barcode and signature for each (to be downloaded upon return)