The program must simply ask the user to type in a text since a text is a list of words separated by spaces.

i need it..its really urgent..thanks..

Ezzaral commented: Not urgent to anyone else. You need to do your own homework. -3

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Funny how urgency causes laziness. Doesn't make much sense does it?

i want to do much more with the program...and thats all i need help with..once i have that i can go ahead and finish the work...
if you dont want to help..no one is forcing you to...=)

peace...

If you can't write a program that asks the user to enter text on your own. Then you will not be able to 'do much more' on your own either. Either attempt it by yourself first and post any problems you are having or don't post at all. (No rudeness intended)

commented: Sounds reasonable to me. +14

if its urgent, try google.

The program must simply ask the user to type in a text since a text is a list of words separated by spaces.

.. since a text is a list of words separated by spaces.
well ... duh

so, if there weren't any spaces in there, the program wouldn't have to ask the user for input? how does the program know whether or not the user intends to enter spaces?

I don't need it, so, for me it isn't urgent. but, I must say, I was pleasantly surprised by your post. at least you weren't asking us to write it for you. but I do can understand how you, as a starting developer, can get frustrated by o so cruel deadlines, and that you want to share your frustrations with us.

well, you have my support, and I'm totally convinced you will be able to find the knowledge to write this master piece of code you're so desperately searching your mind for.

The program must simply ask the user to type in a text

Well, if that's all you need, it's easy enough:

public class TooLazyForWords
{
  public static void main(String[] args)
  {
    System.out.println("Please type in a list of words separated by spaces");
  }
}

There you go. Requirements met, as specified. No need to thank me.

Now you can do much more with the program... like, for example, accept the user's input and maybe process it in some fashion.

commented: Great! +1
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.