Hi guys,
I have designed a simple form in vb.net with MsAccess as the backend .
The form is used to search for a data and diplay it.
I need to create an .exe file of it and distribute it to many users without any errors .

I have surfed a lot in search of deploying such applications but ended up nowhere .
Can anyone guide me in deploying my application(VB.NET with MSAccess) by detailing me all aspects of deployment ?

Thanks in advance ...

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

You can Publish your application from menu "Build->Publish YourApplication". It will create .exe file for installation.

Is this what you are looking for ???

Tats wat m asking ... But the problem is when I execute such an .exe file in my own system it runs fine ... but when I install it in others I get errors like
"Disk or network error"
"The path x/y/xyz.mdb does not exist",etc
Can anyone provide with solutions for the two cases ...

Did you use connectionstring from some path other than the BIN Folder pf project ???

When you install it somewhere else connectionstring will find that location in that PC which may or may not available.

So you should copy your ".mdb file" in BIN folder of project and change the connectionstring like this:

dim connstr as string = "DataSource=" & [B]Application.StartupPath [/B]& "abc.mdb; ......."

This part "Application.StartupPath" will always check the .mdb file in the project folder.

Yes ShahanDev is very right try this we hope it would resolve your problem also if you have designed some crystal reports then you must include crystal report run time.

Thanx for responding guys ...
I ended up with this error ... Why does it occur ??
How to rectify it ??? The error is
OLEDb exception :
Could not find installable ISAM ..
My program code :
Private Sub Button1_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click
Dim con As New OleDb.OleDbConnection
Dim dbprovider As String
Dim sql As String
Dim ds As New DataSet
Dim da As OleDb.OleDbDataAdapter
Dim fin As String
Dim cob As Double
Dim dbsource As String = "DataSource=" & Application.StartupPath & "markss.mdb; "
cob = CDbl(TextBox1.Text)
dbprovider = "PROVIDER=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;"
con.ConnectionString = dbprovider & dbsource
con.Open()//Exception occurs in this line //
sql = "select name from marks where cut = " & cob.ToString()
da = New OleDb.OleDbDataAdapter(sql, con)
MsgBox("Value of input : " & cob, MsgBoxStyle.Information, "Check")
da.Fill(ds, "result")
fin = ds.Tables(0).Rows(0)(0)
MsgBox("Name is " & fin, MsgBoxStyle.Exclamation, "Success")
'DataGridView1.DataSource = ds.Tables("result")
con.Close()
End Sub

try changing your this line:

Dim dbsource As String = "DataSource=" & Application.StartupPath & "markss.mdb; "

with this:

Dim dbsource As String = "DataSource=" & Application.StartupPath & "[B]\[/B]markss.mdb; "

It was unable to find files markss.mdb file.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.