WARNING: I am a botanist, not a programmer. If you are offended by newbie questions, please jump to the next thread.
I'm in the Environmental Horticulture at the University of Florida and I'm trying to build an online, multiple-entry key to help students identify the plant families. I have permission to modify and build on a similar script that was written at Colby College, but the computer people there don't have time (understandably) to help me with basic questions. So I'm hoping that someone here can help me out.
Here is the Colby site: http://www.colby.edu/info.tech/BI211/PlantFamilyID.html
Here is the Colby script: http://www.colby.edu/info.tech/BI211/plant_id.c
1) Is this script written in C?
2) Will this run on a Windows web host like this one: http://www.accuwebhosting.com/windows-webhosting.htm
3) If not, how do I find a web host where I can run the script? (I looked at various companies, but none of them mentioned having a C compiler. Is that just a given?)
4) Once I've signed up for web hosting, how do I put the files up?
5) How do I compile the script so it will run?
As I said, these are very basic questions, but I'm new to this. Thanks for any help you can give me!