Hello,

I took a C++ code from a colleague which uses OpenCV for image processing, and when I try to debug the program using Visual Studio 2008, as soon as the black output window pops up, I get the following error (Windows error, not code error):

"The program can't start because MSVCP100D.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem."

I tried installing Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package but no use. I tried linking to the dll files statically but still no use. I also tried downloading the dll file, which I king of known it wouldn't work.

Also, when I link statically using Multi-threaded (/MT) for runtime, I get the following linker errors:

error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __malloc_dbg referenced in function "void * __cdecl operator new(unsigned int,struct std::_DebugHeapTag_t const &,char *,int)" (??2@YAPAXIABU_DebugHeapTag_t@std@@PADH@Z)
error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __free_dbg referenced in function "void __cdecl operator delete(void *,struct std::_DebugHeapTag_t const &,char *,int)" (??3@YAXPAXABU_DebugHeapTag_t@std@@PADH@Z)
error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __CrtDbgReportW referenced in function "void __cdecl std::_Debug_message(wchar_t const *,wchar_t const *,unsigned int)" (?_Debug_message@std@@YAXPB_W0I@Z)

So I just need to fix one of the two problem.

Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 file. If you can re-build the project and link your runtime to the .exe statically that should fix it. (change an option in the project settings)

Otherwise, you can try putting the debug dll in the same folder as the .exe, or one directory above it because Visual Studio is weird like that.

MSVCP100D.dll
it is my guess another version of this file exists with the name:
MSVCP100.dll
which is not meant for the debug build of the application.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.