Hi all,

I'm trying to build a program in visual studio 2008, when I build in debug mode, it runs just fine, but if I try to build in release mode, there are no errors but when the program runs I get this error:

The program can't start because MSVCR90D.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.

If I run the program in debug mode from within visual studio, it runs fine. If I go to the debug folder and run the exe it also runs fine. However, if I try to run the exe in the release folder I get the same error.

Any ideas?

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

MSVCR90D.dll is a debug DLL (which is what the D at the end means). Sounds like you are trying to mix files compiled for debug with others compiled for release mode. Calling DLLs compiled for debug may also produce that error.

Here are other suggestions to try

MSVCR90D.dll is a debug DLL (which is what the D at the end means). Sounds like you are trying to mix files compiled for debug with others compiled for release mode. Calling DLLs compiled for debug may also produce that error.

Here are other suggestions to try

Thank you! It's sorted! One of the Allegro dll's (Allegro_Monolith_Md) I was linking to was the debug version of the dll, swapped it out for the standard one and it worked!

I've been tearing my hair out over it and it was so simple, thanks again!

Lesson learned I guess :P

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.