Hi there,

I have a problem, perhaps you could help me with it.

We are discussing to change our IDE. The Project I'm working on is using C with function calls to assembly. Now my problem is that the two compiler use different parameter passing routines.

Now I would have to change a lot of the assembler code to make it work again.
I'm not very good a coding in assembler (not at all) and perhaps someone has an idea to make a nice workaround to leave the code as it is.

I know sounds impossible, but perhaps there is some mastermind here who knows how to do it ;)

thanks
wheats1

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Why would you have to change your code to work with an IDE? An IDE is just a front end (with fancy features)for your assembler/linker/compier/whetevertool...You would just have to set the paths that the IDE passes to your assembler/linker/tool or am I misunderstanding your meaning of IDE?

What IDE are you using?

Hi there,

so we are using the IAR EW and want to change to codeComposer from TI.
The compiler/linker etc. are integrated in the IDE. I don`t think its possible to change the compiler from CodeComposer to one provided by IAR... or is it???

thanks
wheats1

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.