Hi,

What command/technique is needed in a C program to receive image bytes through socket programming from an HTTP response? I want to develop a program that requests for an image from a server, then upon receiving the bytes comprising the image, it should write these bytes into a newly created file such that an image file is created. The image is of .jpg format. I really don't know how to create a program that receives and stores bytes through sockets so I hope someone here knows how to do it. So far, what I know is how to receive arrays of characters (strings) but now I want to know how to receive image bytes.

Also, the response my program is receiving has an HTTP header that comes before the actual image bytes so I need to remove the HTTP header first before writing the image bytes into a file. How do I do it? Thanks in advance. I'm working on a Windows XP machine.

Hi,

What command/technique is needed in a C program to receive image bytes through socket programming from an HTTP response? I want to develop a program that requests for an image from a server, then upon receiving the bytes comprising the image, it should write these bytes into a newly created file such that an image file is created. The image is of .jpg format. I really don't know how to create a program that receives and stores bytes through sockets so I hope someone here knows how to do it. So far, what I know is how to receive arrays of characters (strings) but now I want to know how to receive image bytes.

Also, the response my program is receiving has an HTTP header that comes before the actual image bytes so I need to remove the HTTP header first before writing the image bytes into a file. How do I do it? Thanks in advance. I'm working on a Windows XP machine.

Ooops sorry for the repost, please remove the duplicate. Thanks and I apologize for this

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.