I'm making a small web application in python.
Transferring control from one python page to another can be done by form submit or onclick button.This happens at an event.
But I'm searching for a functionality in python similar to 'server.transfer' in asp which is not event dependent.
Please Help.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

You need to give us more information. What framework are you using? Do you simply want to redirect to another page on page load?

You need to give us more information. What framework are you using? Do you simply want to redirect to another page on page load?

I'm using python2.5 script for both client-side and cgi. So you only have python to use.
This problem can be also be solved by a second way if you have a way to use python and javascript together on same page.Is there any way to use python and java script on same page. What server and settings you need to apply this???
Thank You.

Show some of your code. I don't know where you are starting from.

You can send javascript in your response, just as you would send HTML, if you want to use javascript. Of course you can use both. Python runs on the server side and javascipt runs on the client side.

You could also send a 302 status code and specify where in the location header.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.