How to create AssemblyInfo.vb, Resources.resx and Application.myapp in vb.net 2005?

I recently see these things come along with vb.net sample code everywhere. Suppose I try to create new project and I want the AssemblyInfo.vb, Resources.resx and Application.myapp appear under "My Project", how can I do that?

many thanks for reviewing.

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

I want to make them appear correctly just under "My Project" tree like:
"My Project"
.......... |---------------->AssemblyInfo.vb
.......... |---------------->Resources.resx
......................................|--------->Resources.Designer.vb
.......... |---------------->Application.myapp

please help

Why you want to create? when create new project all those files will be created by VS only..

Thank you, I just don't know how to create them and what they use for because when I start a newproject in VS2005, I got none of them seen even AssemblyInfo.vb is missing in my solution explorer.

And "My Project" don't have anything so when I tried to create inside "My Project" treeview by right click I just got "open" option.

Thank you, I just don't know how to create them and what they use for because when I start a newproject in VS2005, I got none of them seen even AssemblyInfo.vb is missing in my solution explorer.

And "My Project" don't have anything so when I tried to create inside "My Project" treeview by right click I just got "open" option.

Have you got "Show All Files" clicked on the toolbar?

yes, I think that's my problem. Thank you.
And also I've another new thing for me to know, I just follow your guide.

I got some looks about windows service, when I create it it did appear as Service1.vb as it default name and there's also Service1.designer.vb. The sample program I have has Service1.resx. Ofcourse I don't know what it's used for, but I can't create the Service1.resx. Please tell me how to create it too.

The structure is like:
Service1.vb
.................---->Service1.designer.vb
.................---->Service1.resx

I just start learning how to use the editor, cause all I've learned just the algorithm and code but don't know how it was created.

Thanks

when I do right click the Service1.vb, there's no option such as add new item

the .resx file will be created by Visual studio when and if you need it.

so I can't create the Service1.resx, only VS does it. Thanks
But How and when the Service1.resx created by VS?

I really appreciate your help. Thanks again

if you drag a component from your toolbox (like a dataset or a bindingsource, the resx file will be created. it's for storing reference to non textual information, i think

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.