Hi,

Im new to the windows .NET platform and I was wondering if someone can guide me. I have a c# program that implements an interface. Inside this program, I have a method where I get an array of processes running on the workstation and I look for a specific process. Once I find it, I want to call an interface method on the process (I know it also implements the same interface).

How do I do this? Someone suggested I use IPC but I looked online and there are lots of code samples but Im confused about how to make it work in my program.

I saw online that others have created a server class, a client class, etc,etc. But in my program's method how can I make IPC work?

Please help.

Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

If you want to do something like a server-side and a client-side application you should give a try to Windows Communication Fundation and implement a service. You can call the server's method from the client and the other way around.

If you want to do something like a server-side and a client-side application you should give a try to Windows Communication Fundation and implement a service. You can call the server's method from the client and the other way around.

Thanks for the response but Im looking for a way for 2 processes to communicate on the same workstation.

you can also use Sockets. This way you'll exchange data between the processes but you wont be able to call methods from each other.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.