Hello All.
This is my first post. I would really appreciate if you can help me in a project I have to complete as soon as possible

anyway, the thing is this:

I have a bunch of numerical data in any format (say an excel page with 3D vectors, or a text file with the same 3D (x,y,z) vectors) and I have to represent them in graphical form (as for example arrows).

What tool do you think I should use?
I know this is not exactly about c++but couldnt find an appropriate place

Thanks a lot in advance

Kansai

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Thanks. I was thinking of that too, but since i am a c programmer by heart i was wondering about something c related .
I wil consider the octave suggestion. Meanwhile how about vtk? Any experience with that?

Also i was considering something like an animation based on how the vectors change...

Thanks again for the useful help :)

I don't have any experience with vtk. Some people that are around might, but I can't remember who they are. I haven't done anything in the way of animation either, so I can't help you with that either. Let the question hang around for a bit and see what the other replies will be.

I finished using C and a library called DISLIN . Quite neat actually. I finally got this:

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.