Greg8202 0 Newbie Poster

Hi All. I have developed a cgi script in C/C++ to dynamically create PDF forms with data filled in from an Oracle database. To do this I used PDFlib (version 7.0.1). The submit button on the form submits a FDF file to the server where it is saved via another C/C++ cgi program. This submit cgi uses Adobe's FDF toolkit so I can parse/manipulate the FDF data.

Another program is used to view the submitted forms which just shows links to all the fdf files on the server. What I want to do now is in some way affect the appearace of certain fields in the PDF if data was changed. Is there and easy way using the FDF toolkit to set some data which will affect a fields background/font colour? PDFlib has a validate event which can be called when a field is changed but you can only call javascript and I am not sure if it is possible for javascript to change the appearace of the PDF.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.