You can't handle windows keys.

is there any way to stop working of the combination keys of win+r, win+e etc and also to lock the start menu after it has appeared in the desktop when the win key is pressed?

As i mentioned you can't handle the windows key but can call some of the API to handle some of windows + key combinations.

As i mentioned you can't handle the windows key but can call some of the API to handle some of windows + key combinations.

can you tell me how to lock the start menu while it appears in the desktop when the windows key is pressed?

That's what i am trying to explain to you. you can't handle the windows key in VB. But can still handle some of windows + key combination through API calls.

That's what i am trying to explain to you. you can't handle the windows key in VB. But can still handle some of windows + key combination through API calls.

thank you..........

as debasisdas said you cannot handle the win key.
you can disable windows key using api for mouse clicking only and u still can access start button with press it,,
this following code for disable win key from mouse clicking.

Option Explicit
'
Dim TFlag As Boolean
Private Declare Function FindWindowEx Lib "user32" Alias "FindWindowExA" (ByVal hWnd1 As Long, ByVal hWnd2 As Long, ByVal lpsz1 As String, ByVal lpsz2 As String) As Long

'
Private Declare Function EnableWindow Lib "user32" (ByVal hwnd As Long, _
ByVal fEnable As Long) As Long

Public Sub EnableStartMenuButton(ByVal bEnable As Boolean)
   Dim lHwnd As Long
   '
   lHwnd = FindWindowEx(0&, 0&, "Shell_TrayWnd", vbNullString)
   lHwnd = FindWindowEx(lHwnd, 0&, "Button", vbNullString)
   Call EnableWindow(lHwnd, bEnable)
   '
End Sub

' disable win key
Private Sub Command1_Click()
    TFlag = Not TFlag
    EnableStartMenuButton (TFlag)
End Sub

' Enable win key
Private Sub Command2_Click()
    TFlag = True
    EnableStartMenuButton (TFlag)
End Sub

Private Sub Form_Load()
    TFlag = True
    Command1.Caption = "Disable"
    Command2.Caption = "Enable"
End Sub

sorry but yes u can handle any key command on windows if it can be pressed by keyboard for example alt + ctrl + del, alt + tab, ctrl + shift, ctrl + exc,
if this was ur question
other else try to be specific pls

and if u r searching how to disable Start Menu on windows yes it can also be done by coding mod bas and add it to ur project

what i understood from u is that u want to make a program that locks all the computer right as if it is a screen saver u cant do anything till u add a password is that right?

This article has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.