I have a device that generates on air graphics. This device needs to get glyph code in each font not the glyph dimensions to be drawn correctly.

For example, if I need the Arabic character
"أ" Alef
I have to send it in an integer value according to the font that will be used.

I could not find any functions that can do this for me
can anyone help me find out a way for that?

Recommended Answers

All 15 Replies

int myInt = (int)myChar;
int myInt = (int)myChar;

Thanks for your reply
but this is the ASCII value not the glyph code

let me illustrate more:
Glyph is the design for the character how it will be shown for languages like Arabic there is different drawings for the same letter and that what is called glyph but I need to know what is the code for that drawing in each font as there are different fonts glyph code with different order.

Hope that I am clear enough

Something like this?

Thanks for your reply
but this is the ASCII value not the glyph code

It's the unicode value, ASCII doesn't have that character in the set. Are you looking for the codepage?

Something like this?

Thanks for your reply but this is the unicode value, this is a different code, I am trying to find a relevant document for illustration but can't find it yet

It's the unicode value, ASCII doesn't have that character in the set. Are you looking for the codepage?

I am really not sure if this is called codepage or not, but maybe. Please provide me a reference for that

well... the function getcharacterplacement in C++ gets the code but I failed to use it inside C# program. do anyone know a replacement code for that?

Perhaps this can help?

does anyone know what is uniscribe?
As I think this is the new name for glyphs in C#

Perhaps this can help?

for some reason the link is not working.
But, I think what you are referring to is the one that really draws the glyphs not giving me the code that I need.

does anyone know what is uniscribe?
As I think this is the new name for glyphs in C#

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.