Hy
welcom to all.
I want to controll mini remote controll car from laptop. i have only experience of java desktop application. but no experience in wireless programming. what i do to complete this project
thanks

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Hy
welcom to all.
I want to controll mini remote controll car from laptop. i have only experience of java desktop application. but no experience in wireless programming. what i do to complete this project
thanks

You'll need a remote that can be controlled via a laptop, presumably one that plugs into the USB port, I would imagine. You'll have to research what remotes are out there. You'll need some way of communicating through the USB port. Years ago I implemented a wireless sensor network with Mica2 motes through Java via USB. I was responsible for the Java end. Someone else handles the Embedded C end on the mote itself.

http://arri.uta.edu/acs/ee5369/ee5369%20lectures/Introduction%20to%20Crossbow%20Mica2%20Sensors.pdf

I've also been doing some serial port work with microcontrollers with Java. But for all I know, there's some remote out there that already provides all that, so you may want to do some research before re-inventing the wheel.

thanks sir
i study the java and find that it is easy to communicate with mini rc car by usb port are serial port is much easir than wifi.

Now anyone give me the simple example of sending or receiving message by usb or serial port.
thanks.

I use javax.comm 3.0 for serial port work on Linux. I wouldn't use it for Windows. javax.comm version 2 is about ten years old, but that's what I use for Windows XP. It's discontinued, but I can dig it up and post it.

Never tried USB with javax.comm. It may work, may not. It don't know. When I was working with the motes, I believe that we used Tiny OS and they had some Java USB code that I used. Definitely wasn't javax.comm though and all that work was on Linux.

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/index-jsp-141752.html

The link will have lots of ready to use sample code.

Thanks sir
sir i have face another problem that javax.comm packate are not available in my netbean7.1
how i download the javax.comm to begin my project
thanks

Thanks sir
sir i have face another problem that javax.comm packate are not available in my netbean7.1
how i download the javax.comm to begin my project
thanks

1. Windows or Linux? Again, Use the Windows version currently downloadable at your own risk. If using Windows, let me know and I'll upload the deprecated, but fully functional javax.comm Version 2. For Linux, use the javax.comm version currently downloadable from Oracle.
  2. NetBeans is a completely separate issue. To use NetBeans with javax.comm, first install javax.comm to your Java installation independently of NetBans. There's a README in the comm docs explaining where to put everything. Once that's done, if you start a NetBeans project, just make sure you add the comm.jar jar file to the compile list in NetBeans in the Project's properties.

[EDIT]
Found the file. Attached to this post. Release date was WAAYY back in 1998. I first downloaded it in about 2007 or 2008. Shortly after that, they decided to no longer support javax.comm for Windows, but again, I can verify that this works just dandy for Windows XP - and I'm pretty sure I made it work on Vista too). Again, this is for WINDOWS. If using Linux, download the current version.
[/EDIT]

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.