Hi,

I'm writing a program for structural engineers that consists of a number of inherited classes. Specifically, I have a main() file which includes a class element which includes a class node which includes a class matrix. element includes variables of type matrix and node, and node includes variables of type matrix. This is why I have written this in this way.

I have a series of functions I want be able to perform on the variables of type matrix in the different classes as well as in main(). How can I define these functions so they can be used in the same way I might call the mathematical functions defined in cmath?

Please excuse my ignorance as I only have basic experience in C++. I hope someone can help me with what is probably a very basic question.

Thanks

Problem solved!

Hi,

I'm writing a program for structural engineers that consists of a number of inherited classes. Specifically, I have a main() file which includes a class element which includes a class node which includes a class matrix. element includes variables of type matrix and node, and node includes variables of type matrix. This is why I have written this in this way.

I have a series of functions I want be able to perform on the variables of type matrix in the different classes as well as in main(). How can I define these functions so they can be used in the same way I might call the mathematical functions defined in cmath?

Please excuse my ignorance as I only have basic experience in C++. I hope someone can help me with what is probably a very basic question.

Thanks

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.