Hello, In my program, I needed to do some functions that are found in windows.h, but I got an error saying that it could not find any of the following: #include <Windows.h> #include <windows.h> #include <Windows> #include <windows> Could someone please upload a coppy of windows.h for me, and
PLEASE DO NOT GIVE ME AN UPDATE LINK
I would much rather coppy the lib into my headers folder and not update.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Just the header file will be useless to you without the all the other header files, source code and compiled libraries it uses. The complete set of all that, for Windows 7, is about a gig and a half's worth of download.

try
#include "windows.h"

try
#include "windows.h"

Depends on the compiler. That won't work with vc++ 2010 (or any earlier version of Microsoft compilers). On some other compilers it doesn't matter whether you use quotes or angle brackets.

Check your computer to see if it already contains windows.h and associated headers/libraries. If it does, then all you have to do is tell your compiler where they are located. If not, then you need to download the Windows Platform SDK, free from Microsoft web site.

>>PLEASE DO NOT GIVE ME AN UPDATE LINK
Ok, so I won't tell you where you can get it.

That won't work with vc++ 2010

Strange why you say that?, I'm using VC++ 2010 & it works fine for me, that's why I posted it for the OS to try.

Yup -- you are right, it does work with vc++ 2010.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/36k2cdd4(v=vs.71).aspx

Syntax Form Action

Quoted form This form instructs the preprocessor to look for include files in the same directory of the file that contains the #include statement, and then in the directories of any files that include (#include) that file. The preprocessor then searches along the path specified by the /I compiler option, then along paths specified by the INCLUDE environment variable.

Angle-bracket form This form instructs the preprocessor to search for include files first along the path specified by the /I compiler option, then, when compiling from the command line, along the path specified by the INCLUDE environment variable.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.