Hai,

I just want to ask, How to run java program without opening the code? I mean when we click on an icon, the program will automatically run...

Thank you.

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

which OS ???

Yes. Package the compiled .class files into an executable jar. When you double-click the jar the program will run. Just Google "executable jar" for the details

which OS ???

I'm using Windows 7 and NetBeans tool as programming tools

Executable jars run on all platforms supported by Java. NetBeans has a built-in tool for creating them.

Executable jars run on all platforms supported by Java. NetBeans has a built-in tool for creating them.

What is an executable jar???
Can u give me step by step to do it??

as JamesCherrill wrote google for that

my way is customize (f.e.)desktop shortCut

1/ create new one
2/ switch to shortcut tab
3/ field Target regiured full path for Java and full path for executable jar file f.e. "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_07\bin\javaw.exe" -jar "C:\myAplication.jar"
4/ field Start in required again full Java instalation path without "\javaw.exe" in this case
"C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_07\bin" each PC could differend java version maybe instlations path too

5/ field ShortCut key == none
6/ field Run == Normal window
7/ suck and change icon for this shortCut (must contains 256x256 for good resolution)

yeayyyyyyy!!! got it!!! my problem solved...i used BlueJ to compile the program..Thank you everybody for helping!! =)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.