I've download this following program source from a SVN repository..
http://blanddns.no-ip.org:81/repos/public-smart/

How do I compile it?? I've tried but it has c++ and java files included in it.. and some are even in separate folders.

Can someone tell me how? Do I have to do command line? Do I need linux? Im on windows 7 with devc++ and visual studio 2010 and 2008.

Im only used to compiling c++ but not c++ and both java and it has no sln/project file include.. its just pure source code :S

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

This will compile on both windows and Linux but you'll need the mingw32 compiler for windows and the GCC compiler for Linux.

There is a Makefile. All you need to do is to type make windows or make linux (depending on what system you are on) at the command line.

Uhhh I've never compile with a makefile before... I download codeblocks-mingw10 because someone said itll work.

I just dont know the steps to take.. I know I need to use command prompt and the cd command and the make command.. but Other than that, Im completely lost.

Uhhh I've never compile with a makefile before... I download codeblocks-mingw10 because someone said itll work.

I just dont know the steps to take.. I know I need to use command prompt and the cd command and the make command.. but Other than that, Im completely lost.

Open a console and go to the folder that contains Makefile and type

make windows

Open a console and go to the folder that contains Makefile and type

make windows

I have mingw, codeblocks-mingw10, devc++-mingw, vs2010, vs2008.. Just installed most of that just to compile this :(

:( Ur really helpful by replying but I tried that, didnt work.. this is what I did..

Right clicked my computer, went to advanced, Environment variables, added "C:\MinGW\bin" to the end of the Path variable.

exited everything.. Opened cmd prompt by typing CMD in the start menu (windows7)

Cmd comes up, i typed:

Cd C:\Users\BT\Desktop\public-smart

Pressed Enter/Return.
Then I typed:

Make windows <-- didnt work.

Make Makefile <-- didnt work.
'make' is not recognized as....

NVM solved it... only problem I got now is:

"Compiling Main.cpp"
The syntax of the command is incorrect.
make: *** [build/windows/Main.o] Error 1

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.