Hello

I am trying to compile my project in VC++ Express Edition and get the error below. The project did compile fine before I reinstalled XP windows.
But now when I have installed everything again, I receive this error.

I dont understand what this can mean ?
When clicking the errorline "The system cannot find the path specified", Form1.cpp is opened and points to:
#include "stdafx.h"

I do dind both these files in the Form1 folder, both (stdafx.h and stdafx source)

1>------ Build started: Project: Form1, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
1>Compiling...
1>Form1.cpp
1>.\Form1.cpp(3) : fatal error C1093: API call 'ImportFile' failed '0x80070003' : ErrorMessage: The system cannot find the path specified.
1>Description: The system cannot find the path specified.
1>HelpFile: complib.hlp
1>Build log was saved at "file://e:\Documents and Settings\Jen\My Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\Form1\Form1\Debug\BuildLog.htm"
1>Form1 - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

The name "stdafx.*" is the name that VC++ gives to its "precompiled headers"-related files. Some people have trouble with them, some don't. I don't know why. It seems your O/S rebuild introduced the environmental situation that causes the issue.

Have you added anything to "stdafx.h" or "stdafx.cpp"? If not, disable the "precompiled headers" option for the project and exclude the files from the project.
How to disable:

1. Right-click your project's name in the solution explorer and select "properties".
  2. In the dialog that appears, expand the "C/C++" node in the tree on the left.
  3. Select the "precompiled headers" node of the "C/C++" tree
  4. On the right, set "Create/Use Precompiled Header" to "Not Using Precompiled Headers"
  5. Click "OK" to exit the dialog.

Yes in somehow that did solve the problem. I also heard that this header could have some troubles.

Thanks for this help.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.