Hi Everyone,

I am developing a desktop based inventory application using C#.NET. To make the interface more professional I am taking some concepts from other software. Therefore I have downloaded some trial version software from internet. The problem is I would like to develop a MDI Parent Form whose content area will be divided into two parts. The left part will contain a sliding panel bar containing several menus and menu items. After clicking any menus either from left panel or from menu strip an associated child form will be placed in the right panel. The main characteristics of the child form will be it cannot be moved by pressing mouse. (Please see the attached first image bellow as an example).

So I have developed a form with menu strip using windows MDI Parent Form. Then I have placed a SplitContainer to make the content area into two parts. In the left pane I have already placed a custom toolbox containing menus and in right panel I have placed a background image.

Now the problem is I cannot add a child form (developed by windows form contains several form controls) into the right pane as a MDI child of my SplitContainer after clicking any menu item. The child form cannot be moved and will be locked in that pane. Please see the second attached image). Now I am thinking that I might wrong in using SplitContainer.

Another problem is that currently I am using a 15” CRT monitor to develop this form. The forms developed in this monitor will be changed when I will run this in 18” LCD monitor. So I also need suggestions how I will make these forms to be resizable automatically when run in 18” LCD.

Please help me to solve these problems. Please try to give me any sample project to help me better understanding.

Thanks in advance.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Hi Everyone,

I am developing a desktop based inventory application using C#.NET. To make the interface more professional I am taking some concepts from other software. Therefore I have downloaded some trial version software from internet. The problem is I would like to develop a MDI Parent Form whose content area will be divided into two parts. The left part will contain a sliding panel bar containing several menus and menu items. After clicking any menus either from left panel or from menu strip an associated child form will be placed in the right panel. The main characteristics of the child form will be it cannot be moved by pressing mouse. (Please see the attached first image bellow as an example).

So I have developed a form with menu strip using windows MDI Parent Form. Then I have placed a SplitContainer to make the content area into two parts. In the left pane I have already placed a custom toolbox containing menus and in right panel I have placed a background image.

Now the problem is I cannot add a child form (developed by windows form contains several form controls) into the right pane as a MDI child of my SplitContainer after clicking any menu item. The child form cannot be moved and will be locked in that pane. Please see the second attached image). Now I am thinking that I might wrong in using SplitContainer.

Another problem is that currently I am using a 15” CRT monitor to develop this form. The forms developed in this monitor will be changed when I will run this in 18” LCD monitor. So I also need suggestions how I will make these forms to be resizable automatically when run in 18” LCD.

Please help me to solve these problems. Please try to give me any sample project to help me better understanding.

Thanks in advance.

when you are making form using html then try to make percentage based html.

write your codee what you have written for put the child form in second pane.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.