Hi guys....longtime:) Am working on a movie rental system in VB.NET, but there's a problem. I want a situation whereby the user will have the privilege to search for desired records by typing a search string, then hitting the search button. The results should be shown on a datagridview. Here's my code:

Private Sub btnSearch_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles btnSearch.Click

Dim MovieName As String

If txtMovieNamesearch.Text = "" Then
            MessageBox.Show("You must enter the name of the movie you want to search!", "I-Spot Movies", MessageBoxButtons.OK, MessageBoxIcon.Error)

txtMovieNamesearch.Focus()
        Else
            MovieName = "select * from Movies  WHERE (Movie Name='" & txtMovieNamesearch.Text & "')"
            MoviesTableAdapter.FillByMovieName(_I_Spot_MoviesDataSet.Movies)

End If

End Sub

When i type a search string in the textbox and then i hit the search button, all the records disappear :( please help!!

is the data being stored is case sensitive ?

Better to use LIKE inplace of = for character search.

try something like this

"select * from Movies WHERE upper(Movie_Name) like %'" & upper(txtMovieNamesearch.Text) & "'%"

I've inserted the line of code, but the problem still persists...the datagridview does not show the filtered records. How do make it display the filtered records?