I was reading through the SIP documentation and was confused on a few things. I can't figure out what code to implement to open a transaction between a server and client. What IP address and port and what encoding should I use (for a video server).
Thanks for any help.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Go have a look here live555.com you find some useful info about video streaming RTP (and/or RTSP or SIP) & an already written library. Also take a look at videolan

Hope this helps

I apologize, I should have specified. I am using the reSIProcate library. Looking through the documentation, it seems I need to use IP address 192.0.2.4, port 5060. However, the only instructions I saw to implement a connection between server and client was not C++ code (example below).

INVITE sip:bob@domain.net SIP/2.0
Via: SIP/2.0/UDP bobspc.domain.net:5060; recieved=192.0.2.4

How do I implement the connection using the reSIProcate library? And what encoding should I use?

the only instructions I saw to implement a connection between server and client was not C++ code

This is a c++ forum for c++ related support, the syntax you posted looks to me like command line instructions specific to the reSIProcate server or whatever.

How do I implement the connection using the reSIProcate library? And what encoding should I use?

Maybe you could try asking these questions on there support forum &/or read the documentation to get the answers your looking for.

Sorry I can't be of further help.

In reading the documentation, and talking to some other people, I found out I basically need to know how to (in C++) receive/place a call in SIP/using reSIProcate. In that, I need to know how to specify what port, ip address, and media type.

Have you setup the sip server on your network Using Repro http web interface & verified its working correctly using command line calls to the server. To send requests to the server via C++ code you'll need to add some header file/s to your project to communicate with the server or use a library such as cURL/Winsock to send requests to the server.

I can't really help any further because I've not used reSIProcate , try their mailing list for help on code examples, headers files etc...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.