Hi,

I have a problem, when I test my XSL file from Dreamweaver it opens and transforms the XML document into a temporal HTML file.

But if I create a Hyperlink in another web page that links to the file.xls it does not transforms the XML document it just shows the HTML code.

How can I actually link to the XSD file.

For instance, the Main page has a link to Catalog, Catalgo is a xsl file, which transform and XML document into an HTML file. The thing is that if I put catalog.xsl in the href attribute of the hyperlink it takes me to that page but it does not transforms the XML.

Thanks in advance.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Point the link to the XML file (not the XSL).
The top of the XML should look SIMILAR to the following (you need to provide the correct path to your file): <?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?> <?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="Catalog.xsl"?> Also, at the top of the XSL file make sure you declare the xsl namespace: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?> <xsl:stylesheet version="1.0" xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform">

Hi,

I solved the problem, it was the SCRIPT tag problem, I had to put a comment between the opening and closing tags.

Thanks

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.