Hi, can someone point me in the right way? I'm running linux and I'm looking for the right include files and commands that would enable me to configure my wifi card. ie create a ad-hoc with another computer, or connect to a wifi router.

I don't want to do through linux's terminal, it has to be done with a compiled c++ program.

Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

The connect system call can be used to connect to a network interface ... (Assuming you know the correct IP address and port number)

The connect system call can be used to connect to a network interface ... (Assuming you know the correct IP address and port number)

Ok. So say I have two computers that both support ad-hoc networking via wifi. I can use connect() from one computer to connect to the second computer's socket?

I believe so ... The other computer has to be configured to accept incoming connections on that port

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.