I recently began working on an application that was built by someone that is no longer available. This application is filling an excel file, but I can not find ANY code that uses excel. There aren't even any references to excel interops. My thought is that this a multi-threaded application and I can't see what is going on behind the scenes. I tried watching the processes in the task manager, but found nothing.

I've never worked with threads before, and do not even know where to begin. Debugging the program with breakpoints at multiple locations does not show me any of these other threads. Anyone have an idea on how to find/debug threads of a program?

Even if the communication with Excel is threaded, the code should still be there.

And you may not find any references to Excel interop, because there are other ways to communicate with Excel files.
OleDb comes to mind, and also third-party components like GemBox Spreadsheet.
Have you considered that these factors may be in affect?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.