All,

I have been trying to debug this problem all weekend but I haven't been able to get any closer to the solution...

I have just upgraded Mysql to 5.1 from 4.1 on a Red Hat 4 box. Everything is fine. I can connect to the database using the shell, I can connect to the database using a Perl script using DBI (also from the shell), However I cannot connect to the database using a Perl/CGI (inside Apache).

All I get is this error:

Bad handshake at line 123

That line is actually referring to the DBI->connect function.

my $dbh = DBI->connect('DBI:mysql:test:'.get_db(), 'root', '') or die $DBI::errstr;

I have scoured the internet looking for solutions, but I haven't found anything of much help. My original thought was that it was something to do with the DBD::mysql driver. But usually the mysql-shared-compat rpm takes care of that for me... Does anyone know any of the modules/packages I'd need to recompile?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

d5e5 commented: I don't know the answer but, good question. +8

For those who may be interested,

I never found out the cause of the problem, but I uninstalled MySQL 5.1 and went back to 5.0 which sprung it into life again.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.