when connecting to sql server i get getting this error . please help how to resolve this problem

TITLE: Connect to Server
------------------------------

Cannot connect to SOFTCITY\EIMPRESSION.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server) (Microsoft SQL Server, Error: 2)

For help, click: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink?ProdName=Microsoft+SQL+Server&EvtSrc=MSSQLServer&EvtID=2&LinkId=20476

BUTTONS:

OK

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

with this info it is practically impossible to come with a solution, because i can only guess and i know that is not going to take me anywhere.

THE PROBLEM I HAD WHEN LOGGING ON TO MSSQL SERVER WAS THIS

PLS HELP MY FELLOW PROGRAMMERS

An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server) (Microsoft SQL Server, Error: 2)
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.